Friday, June 8, 2012

Recommended: Weekend Reads

Highlights from some of my favorite books and authors


Wendy S. Marcus: The Nurse's Not-So-Secret Scandal

The author's writing style is the perfect mix of angst, heat, sexiness and edginess. I wracked my brain trying to come up with another author (you know...one of those, if you like Author A, then you'll love Wendy Marcus,) but there's no one I can compare her to. She's original and for that reason alone she's found a lifelong fan in me.

I read The Nurse's Not-So-Secret Scandal in one sitting. And, this is embarrassing to admit, was late picking up my daughter from ballet class because I couldn't put down my Kindle.

Read the full review of The Nurse's Not-So-Secret Scandal  here.

Jennifer Probst: The Marriage Bargain

I highly recommend this book, not just for fans of category romance, but for anyone who's looking for a quick-paced, engaging, sexy and "life-like" romance.
Let me explain.
The"marriage of convenience" storyline is one of my favorites. When you add in that Alexa and Nick also were childhood friends...well, what you get is the promise of an original story--and Jennifer Probst doesn't disappoint. There were no cliches; I was never bored; the story was never predictable.
The book surprisingly opens with Alexa "casting" a love spell...and, from that moment forward, Probst continues to work her own magic.

Read the full review of The Marriage Bargain here.

Andrea Laurence: What Lies Beneath

Andrea Laurence is one of my new favorite authors. Here's why...

What Lies Beneath isn't just an amnesia story, it's also a story of mistaken identity. Score! Laurence took what could've been an overly-dramatic, predictable and confusing trope, twisted it, then unraveled the whole thing in eloquent prose, a realistic setting, perfect pacing, witty and honest dialogue and stellar character development.

Read the full review of What Lies Beneath here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Tina! I'm so glad you enjoyed The Nurse's Not-So-Secret Scandal! No Sweeter Love is on my To Read list and in my Kindle. As soon as I finish these revisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that book, Wendy! :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by. Good luck with your revisions.
    I hope you enjoy No Sweeter Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well connected to Major Expressway such as Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) and Central Expressway (CTE) to get you to places in no time.

    the interlace

    ReplyDelete