Sunday, May 13, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: No Sweeter Love

In honor of Mother's Day, this week's Six Sentence Sunday snippet features Emily's closest friend, Jolene. Emily and Jolene are at the diner, and Jolene is staring at Ryan who's sitting in the corner booth.

"Do you have to be so obvious?"

“It’s one of my charms, hon.”

Though only ten years older than Emily, Jolene liked playing mother hen. Emily figured it came easily to her.

The woman ran her diner like she ran the town, dishing up good food and plain talk in equal portions.

Whether wielding a spatula at the diner or a gavel at town council meetings, Jolene was the boss—and everyone in Union knew it.

Thanks so much for stopping by. No Sweeter Lover releases May 17.


Are you interested in participating in Six Sentence Sunday? Visit www.sixsunday.com for details.

10 comments:

  1. She's a great mother hen. :) I think I like her a lot. Wonderful six.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great six, Tina! Release day is just around the corner...are you totally freaking out? So exciting!

    If you're looking for blogs to visit to pimp your release, I'd love to host you anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I love small town romances!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jolene sounds like a strong, no-nonsense lady and an interesting character. I'll be she was fun to write! Great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this character! Particularly love the description of serving good food and plain talk in equal portions! Very nice six!
    Amy Durham

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for stopping by today. :) I think I'm addicted to Six Sentence Sunday. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your unpcoming release. I already like her. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just TWO days to go! Maybe three with the time difference...

    I can't believe how quickly this has come around. I swear we were all voting for you just the other day lol.

    ReplyDelete