Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I am not alone. Wait. Yes, I am.

So the Little Girl is with her grandparents at the beach -- five hours away. :(
And I miss her; I really do. But...
In the past five days, I've gotten more accomplished on my works in progress than I had in the prior two months. <squeal> Eeek! Is that bad?
Had I known in advance that she would be partying it up away from home, then I might have ventured to New York (credit card in hand, of course) for the annual RWA conference to do some partying of my own By partying, of course I mean attending workshops, signings, networking, etc., with the occasional cocktail in my hand. : )
I'm bummed I wasn't there, but I wore my "I heart NYC" shirt the entire weekend... mourning attire, a tribute ... not sure about that.
Maybe that t-shirt was just a tangible reminder that I'm not really alone in my writing/plotting/research/wannabe-romance author status. There are others like me. I. Am. Not. Alone.
Well, literally, I am alone. That's why I've gotten so many words written lately. Actually, now that I think about it, while I have managed to write about 10,000 words, I've gotten more plotting and planning done than usual. To me, the plotting and planning is what requires most of my concentration. (I mean, I once wrote an article about a house fire on my phone while standing in the house's front yard.)
So, what do you do when you get a little extra time alone to work on your writing?

6 comments:

  1. Tina, great to see you blogging again!
    What do I do when I get extra time alone? I'm a pantser by nature, but recently i've spent time plotting things out for my latest wip and have ended up with a pretty colour coordinated chart that makes me smile every time I look at it. :o)
    This afternoon i'm spending my quiet time trying to research American picnic food that cold be found in the UK - bet you wish you hadn't asked now! Any foodie suggestions appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne! *hugs and squeals*
    Yum. Food. One of my favorite subjects. Here's what we had at our most recent outdoor extravaganza besides the grilled meat and sandwiches: potato salad, three-bean salad, spinach and artichoke dip, cole slaw... um not sure if those are found in the UK though. And hummus. I always make hummus. That's universal! : ) Now you've made ME want to reserach American/UK crossover picnic foods. : )
    My charts are black and white.:( I'm off to look at your artistic brilliance and steal some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tina, am off to google spinach and artichoke dip! Hummus, of course!
    How are things going for you on the writing front?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. :) I'm suddenly hungry.
    I'm plugging along. Requested partial targeted for Desire in editor's hands... I hope. (I worry about the postal service.) I'm working on the first book in a novella series I want to sub to Carina. I'm excited about it. The town is called Union and all of the novellas are set there. I want one of those little logos on my covers that says "Union: Small town, big scandal"
    How is your writing coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, the novella's for Carina sound very intriguing - love the tag line "Small town, big scandal"

    When i get free time? I try to write and not procrastinate. Sometimes I'm even successful. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, sounds fan Tina, good luck!

    Things are OK with me, am having a crack at writing a ST, about three quarters of the way through the first draft at the moment.
    Onwards, you know?

    ReplyDelete